Hiking in Vent:
where the mountains call
Immersed in unspoilt nature. The majestic beauty of rocky peaks and awe-inspiring glaciers. A pure mountain experience, wild and natural. Our mountaineering village at 1,900 metres above sea level at the back of Ötztal is an alpinist’s dream. Experience it for yourself on enjoyable hut tours, leisurely hikes, and spectacular high-mountain and glacier tours in our kingdom of 3,000m giants.
Pure hiking bliss:
our range of hiking services
At our Natur- & Alpinhotel Post, giving you unforgettable experiences out in nature and the mountains is close to our hearts. That’s why we’ve created a special, varied mountain and hiking programme that lets you experience the beauty of our high-Alpine landscape in all its facets. And to make your time hiking and discovering the mountains even more rewarding, you’ll benefit from numerous advantages.
- Guided hikes six days a week with our hiking guide Bianca, for example a sunrise hike up Mt Wildes Mannle or a two-day tour up to Similaun mountain hut with a visit to Ötzi’s discovery site
- Personal and individual tour advice at the reception
- Free info package with brochures, hiking tips, maps, hut destinations, and other useful information
- Special room for your mountain gear with storage and shoe heaters
- Free rental of hiking poles, rucksacks, and baby carriers
- Little hotel shop with high-quality brand products and clothing by Black Yak
- Free use of public transport and all mountain lifts throughout Ötztal, participation in the hiking programme of Ötztal Nature Park, great discounts, and much more with the Ötztal Summer Card
On the trail of alpinism:
our favourite tours
Passion for our Ötztal mountains is something shared by all members of our family. So, it makes perfect sense that we have three qualified mountain and ski guides and that the Similaun mountain hut at 3,019 metres above sea level is run by our brother Markus Pirpamer and his wife Ulli. One of our absolute favourite tours takes you there, including a visit to the place where the iceman was found, which makes it a very special highlight. But all the other tours around Vent are also more than worthwhile – from leisurely hikes to challenging high-mountain tours, we’ve put together our favourite routes in the Ötztal Alps with our hotel as the starting point here.