Trek your heart out!
Want to up your mountaineering skills?
The Tyrolean alps are the perfect place for hikers and mountaineers: open your mind to the glorious mountains!
In the Austrian Alps, hotels should be close to hiking routes, right? The Tyrolean mountains are particularly famous among hikers and mountaineers. A hiking holiday in Vent, Austria means one thing: Less is more. You can even take your hiking skills to the next level with a high-altitude trek. Our specialised mountain guide knows our mountains like the back of his hand and can accompany you or help you plan the best route for your skill level. Using Hotel Post in Vent as your starting point, there are many peaks (Wildspitze, Spiegelkogel, Ehrichspitze, and more) to summit, huts to visit, and glaciers to see. Get motivated for hiking and mountaineering with this list:
- Train and prepare your body (exercise, carry a heavy backpack, learn about altitude sickness).
- Don’t overestimate! Choose a perfect route (decide on the level that’s right for you).
- Take a mountaineering training course (learn how to handle different, difficult situations in the wild).
- Get acquainted with maps (learn how to navigate with a physical map).
- Get the right gear (jackets, water, food, matches… the list goes on).
- Practise makes perfect (trek, trek, trek!).